Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
After much anticipation we are proud to release Thrive 0.4.0. Having completed the Herculean task of switching to a new engine the game is much more playable, fun and can now be won and lost. So avoid extinction and struggle for survival in a world which now has prokaryotes, several new organelles and a completely revamped look and scale in the best Thrive release yet.
For easiest installation, download the latest version of the launcher:
Alternatively, download the relevant file above for manual installation.
Read the latest Devblog for a detailed breakdown of all the new features:
- Darwinian Autoevo (Which affects prokaryotes and eukaryotes)
- Procedural Species names
- Improved AI
- The new AI has "behaviors" which determine how each species acts, and those behaviors can also mutate
- Winning and Losing has been added, will you go extinct? Or Thrive?
- Stability increases
- Massive Graphical Upgrades
- New Engine
- Many new Organelles
- Help menu now randomly gives tips and fun facts about microbiology
- Editor Tooltips
- Several new biomes, and all old biomes have been replaced.
- Massively Improved, faster paced, gameplay loop
- Reworked Process System
- New Compounds
- NPC members of your species now show up in game
- New Microbe Intro
- New Thrive intro