this repository is the implementation of MTCNN in MXnet
core: core routines for MTCNN training and testing.
tools: utilities for training and testing
data: Refer to
Data Folder Structurefor dataset reference. Usually dataset contains
model: Folder to save training symbol and model
prepare_data: scripts for generating training data for pnet, rnet and onet
You're required to modify mxnet/src/regression_output-inl.h according to mxnet_diff.patch before using the code for training.
Dataset format The images used for training are stored in ./data/dataset_name/images/ The annotation file is placed in ./data/dataset_name/imglists/
For training: Each line of the annotation file states a training sample.
The format is: [path to image] [cls_label] [bbox_label]
cls_label: 1 for positive, 0 for negative, -1 for part face.
bbox_label are the offset of x1, y1, x2, y2, calculated by (xgt(ygt) - x(y)) / width(height)
An example would be
12/positive/28 1 -0.05 0.11 -0.05 -0.11.
Note that all the strings are seperated by space.
For testing: Similar to training but only path-to-image is needed.
Data Folder Structure (suppose root is
cache (created by imdb) -- name + image set + gt_roidb -- results (created by detection and evaluation) mtcnn # contains images and anno for training mtcnn -- images ---- 12 (images of size 12 x 12, used by pnet) ---- 24 (images of size 24 x 24, used by rnet) ---- 48 (images of size 48 x 48, used by onet) -- imglists ---- train_12.txt ---- train_24.txt ---- train_48.txt custom (datasets for testing) -- images -- imglists ---- image_set.txt
- Scripts to generate training data(from wider face dataset)
- run wider_annotations/transform.m (or transform.py) to get the annotation file of the format we need.
- gen_pnet_data.py: obtain training samples for pnet
- gen_hard_example.py: prepare hard examples. you can set test_mode to "pnet" to get training data for rnet, or set test_mode to "rnet" to get training data for onet.
- gen_imglist.py: ramdom sample images generated by gen_pnet_data.py or gen_hard_example.py to form training set.
Kaipeng Zhang, Zhanpeng Zhang, Zhifeng Li, Yu Qiao , " Joint Face Detection and Alignment using Multi-task Cascaded Convolutional Networks," IEEE Signal Processing Letter