Acer-A515-51G-Hackintosh with MacOS Mojave and HighSierra
Acer E515-51G Hackintosh Guide for MacOS Mojave, And High Sierra.
- Supports 10.13.x and 10.14.x
Create a Bootable USB for the OSX, So refer to the Guide by RehabMan [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover.
- The Sound card this Laptop uses is
Realtek ALC255, which is drived by
AppleALCon layout-id 3.
- If headphones are not working, please see ALCPlugFix. You may need to replug headphone after every boot.
- The Native Atheros BT will work out-of-the Box, But you can't turn off the BT becouse Power Management is not supported;
- To Fix this, you'll have to get a MacOS compatible wifi+BT card. The best choice will be BCM94352Z which has WiFi+BT.
- The Ethernet is
8411B, and you'll need RealtekRTL8111.kext to Enable Gigabit Ethernet.
- The iGPU is
Intel UHD Graphics 620, and its enabled using
- For HDMI Implementation we need patched the FrameBuffer & HDMI audio, I have already patched it in Config.plist
- The discrete graphics' name is
NVIDIA GeForce MX150, and its disabled becuase macOS doesn't support Optimus technology. Plus Battery Life is Improved to 6-7 hours of Backup.
- Native brightness hotkey support; using DSDT.aml patched from RehabMan's [Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control.
- The touchpad works After Installing VoodooPs2Controller.kext, After that Install ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext in order to recognise the touchpad as native one, And after that all gestures will work fine.
- To Raise the Port Limit, We're using USBInjectAll.kext from RehabMan. You can also Find Patched SSDT-UIAC under ACPI/Patched Folder.
- SD Card Reader is not supported and it's disabled to save power.
- The Wi-Fi Card this Laptop uses is
Atheros QCA9377. Since it is not supported natively, and there are none kexts to enable this card on macOS, We can't use this card on MacOS and I don't think it'll get supported in the future.
- The Best Choice will be to Replace current Card with BCM94352Z which has WiFI+BT, or BCM943602BAED Which Supports MacOS natively.
- I Have Already Changed My Current WiFi card with BCM94352Z, you can find it on AliExpress for like $20-30.
- I've Patched Config.plist for BCM94352Z and BCM943602BAED and also added Kexts for BT as well. Keep in mind, this laptop uses M.2(NGFF) Socket with A+E Key. Half size Card Won't Work.
Special Thanks to Acidanthera for most of the Patches.
Very Very Special Thanks to RehabMan for All his Work for the Hackintosh Community, Literally 90% of this Guide has his Kexts and Patches.
Thanks to cvad-mac for Kext Utility.