Hexapod v2 using Linkit 7697
This is a Hexapod project.
You can use any mobile phone (iOS or Android) to control the movement of hexapod (move foreward, backward, etc...).
More videos can be found at https://smallptsai.github.io/hexapod-web/
- Remote control is done via
- It has 6 legs, each leg has 3 joint. So there are total
18Servo motors (TowerPro
- Linkt 7697 dont have so many PWM control, so NXP
PCA9685x 2 are used to control these servo motors
- Power comes from a
2S Lipo battery (7.4v). Also 7 x
mini360 DC-DCstep down voltage regulator are used. One to provide
5Vto Linkit 7697, The other six to provide
6Vto each legs (1 mini360 serve 3 servo)
- The body is 3D printed PLA. I use
Prusa i3 MK2S, a really good 3D printer.
- Everything (3D STL, PCB schematic, 7697 source code) are included in the project under GPL license, Happy making!
If you want to make one hexapod by yourself. You should at least knows how to:
- Mechanism part
3D printerto print a model.
- Able to adjust 3D model to fit your custom need.
- Make a
PCB(suggest to use professional PCB services)
SMDcomponent (0805 and TSSOP28)
- How to use/charge/store
- Make a
Linkit 7697(ie. upload and run any program)
LRemoteto communicate 7697 and your mobile phone