What is this thing?
This is a website for a company I'm working for. Their current website can be found at http://computer-steiner.com
Why does it have this weird project architecture?
Because it's a Visual Studio 2017 project. I don't like it either but it was a requirement. You can, however, use any text editor to make changes to it.
How do I set this up in my local workspace?
To get this project up and running you need to install a few things first:
- Componser: A dependency manager for PHP
- NPM: A package manager for Node.js (Note that Node.js isn't used in this project, but it's still necessary because you can't install NPM without Node)
- TypeScript: More specifically, the TypeScript compiler; Can be downloaded through NPM
I've just downloaded all of that cr**. What now?
Execute these steps:
- Clone the repo (if you haven't already)
- Open the command prompt on the folder
cs-website/(the one that contains the
composer.lockfiles) in the cloned repo
composer install. This will download the PHP dependencies of this project. A folder called
If you plan on editing the TypeScript files you can also run
tsc -w, which will start an instance of the compiler that looks for file changes and then automatically recompiles the files.