TexTools is a FFXIV Modding Framework for both mod creation and use/installation.
It was originally created by Liinko in 2016, but has since been greatly updated and extended by the TexTools Github Group.
You can download TexTool Installer from the Releases Page.
Bugs can reported on our Github Issues Page.
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 19h1 (18362) or higher (32 or 64 bit)
- All users require Visual C++ 2022+ x64 and x86 as well as Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 Redistributables
- All Users need to have .Net Framework 4.8.1 installed.
- Windows 7 SP1 requires the Platform Update for Windows 7 (KB2670838)
- Some users will need to uninstall this KB patch and reinstall it due to known/resolved cases where some of the subdependencies were blocked due to outdated/broken display drivers.
- The installation of this update will also result in a number of other KB updates to present themselves on Windows update, install these to resolve Font clarity, security and stability issues.
- The installer will attempt to install the most common missing dependencies.
- Most mods are intended for the DX11 client, requiring a 64bit Windows install.
- There are possible issues with Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.2.2 and older following a Windows update that has changed Windows D3D runtime files.
- Update to latest MSIAB or standalone RTSS release.
- Nahimic OSD is known to cause GUI corruption, this is a flaw in Nahimic itself and affects all WPF applications to some degree or other.
- Nahimic v3 1.8.6 and later is reported to resolve the issue, this will be obtainable from your Mainboard, or Audio device vendor in their respective sound software.
- Microsoft OneDrive based user profiles can cause files saved into the default location to be reverted.
- You can either exclude this folder from the OneDrive interface, or change the Modpacks, Index(Backups) and Saved locations to another folder from the customise screen.
- Regions currently on 5.5x will experience issues using versions of TexTools updated for Global 6.0
- Using an older, or custom version of the current client is the only Workaround.
We do not support the use of Textools from, or with application directories placed inside a Onedrive folder, This includes the default User Profile folder created if users blindly click through the first time wizard on a new Windows install.
- These services can cause backup files, and mods themselves to revert or only partially synchronise, resulting in file corruption.
- In other cases, files are not able to be loaded at all because the one drive service has been disabled or uninstalled, in this case a big error message that includes the line "Cloud File Provider is not running." to be thrown when attempting to import, export or create packs.