What's The Nerdlist?
We think we're so smart.
This is a list of passwords more likely to be used by sysadmins, general nerds, and folk with access. Apologies for the profanity; anecdotally these passwords are in use.
- Add your nerdiest password to The Nerdlist! First time contributors to information security repos are incredibly welcome!Pun requests welcome! ADD YOUR NAME TO AUTHORS.TXT IF YOU CONTRIBUTE!!
- Win a solid silver challenge coin made like the Scrabble tiles in Sneakers if you crack a password in the wild using this list. See solutions/instructions.txt for more. Since we're giving away solid silver coins, we verify with a brief video call or an in-person demo or a trusted community member's word that you succeeded.
- The Nerdlist is looking for new maintainers - reach out to discuss your interest and ideas for The Nerdlist at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Git Basics, submitting your first pull request with The Nerdlist (YouTube demonstration)
- The Nerdlist and Password Hashing (YouTube demonstration)
created by: @tarah for entertainment and research purposes
maintainers: Ean Meyer, Tabatha DiDomenico, and Tarah Wheeler - you?