A virtual radio module for Eurorack
- Full Documentation
- Hardware: Eagle CAD files
- Hardware: Parts List
- Firmware: Teensyduino files
- Report Issues with hardware or firmware
This is not a radio. It is a sample player that behaves like a radio.
A digital way to simulate the radio-powered compositions of John Cage and Karlheinz Stockhausen as well as Don Buchla's voltage-controlled radio experiments. It uses a Teensy 3.1/3.2 to play files from an SD card to simulate a voltage controlled AM/FM/Shortwave/Time Travel radio.
- Merged Jouni's latest changes into the main branch
- New Beta versions in the Collateral/Hex Files folder: Crossfade and a new Bank Change interface
- If you're developing firmware yourself, make sure you read the 'Edited Teensy Files' section, because this has changed significantly
- Updated firmware Beta produced by Jouni Stenroos, fixing several long-term issues including file count limit, hot swapping and resets.
- Thonk kits shipping
- Module being used by:
- Big collection of video and audio demos
- Rev2 PCB Files confirmed good
- Rev2 PCB files published, prototyping in process
- First PCB build
- Video 1
- Video 2
- Longer demo video
- Audio: Long demo
- Audio: Random Drums
- Audio: Random Voices
- Very early prototyping
- 4hp x 40mm deep
- On-board 5v regulator, does not need a 5v rail.
- 75ma Current Draw
- 60ma from 5v regulator
- 8ma from -12v
- Up to 32gb storage, 16 banks of 75 channels each
- Files stored as headerless .raw wav files
- Customise the module by editing settings.txt on the SD Card
Radio Music is Open Hardware
All hardware and software design in this project is Creative Commons licensed by Tom Whitwell: CC-BY-SA: Attribution / ShareAlike
If you use any work in this project, you should credit me, and you must republish any changes you make under the same license.
This license does permit commercial use of these designs, but consider getting in touch before selling anything.
This project includes work from the Teensy project, which is not covered by this license. The suggested audio content is not covered by this license.