The Spanish UD is converted from the content head version of the universal dependency treebank v2.0 (legacy).
In addition to converting dependencies from the legacy UD treebank, token level morphology features have been added automatically using the parsers/taggers in Bohnet et al (2014) and Bohnet et al. (2015) trained on the Ancora treebank and converted automatically to UD standards.
Various heuristics have been added to improve the output of the tagger, fix obvious errors and add features that the tagger did not supply. The changes for v1.2 (November 2015) were done by Miguel Ballesteros, Dan Zeman, and Héctor Martínez Alonso.
The Spanish UD conforms to the UD guidelines, but there are some exceptions.
- Bohnet, Bernd, et al. "Joint morphological and syntactic analysis for richly inflected languages." Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics 1 (2013): 415-428.
- Bohnet, Bernd, et al. "Static and Dynamic Feature Selection in Morphosyntactic Analyzers." Under review. 2015.
- Taulé, Mariona, Maria Antònia Martí, and Marta Recasens. "AnCora: Multilevel Annotated Corpora for Catalan and Spanish." LREC. 2008.
- 2023-05-15 v2.12
- Por-nominals under participles changed from obl to obl:agent.
- Dative indirect objects changed to obl:arg because dative is not a core case.
- Reflexives changed from iobj to expl:pv.
- Fixed: "donde", "cuando" can be SCONJ or ADV but not PRON. Interrogative "dónde", "cuándo" are only ADV.
- Existential "hay" and necessitative "hay que": AUX changed to VERB.
- "cuyo" is a relative determiner.
- "qué", "cuál" are interrogative, not relative.
- "que", "cual" are relative, not interrogative.
- 2022-11-15 v2.11
- Fixed: deprel punct occurs only with UPOS PUNCT.
- Fixed: advmod cannot be used with nominal dependents.
- Fixed: cc cannot be used with verbal dependents.
- Fixed: det can be used only with UPOS DET or PRON.
- Fixed: mark can be used only with SCONJ.
- Fixed: ordinal numerals are attached as amod, not nummod.
- Fixed: auxiliaries have UPOS AUX, not VERB or PROPN.
- Fixed: function words should be leaves.
- 2021-11-15 v2.9
- Fixed some lemmas of participles that are tagged VERB (#12).
- 2019-11-15 v2.5
- Google gave permission to drop the "NC" restriction from the license. This applies to the UD annotations (not the underlying content, of which Google claims no ownership or copyright).
- 2019-05-01 v2.4
- Automatically fixed some auxiliary verbs and copulas.
- 2018-07-01 v2.2
- Fixed acl-->advcl under VERB (UniversalDependencies/UD_French-GSD#4)
- 2017-03-01 v2.0
- Converted to UD v2 guidelines.
- 2015-11-15 v1.2
- Removed duplicite sentences (train overlapped with dev/test, removed from dev/test).
- Ensured AUX are not heads.
- Applied type-based POS changes for function words.
- Changed mwe and name relations to left-headed.
- Added morphology features (tagger + heuristic rules and semi-automatic fixes).
- Added lemmas (lemmatizer + heuristic rules).
- 2015-05-15 v1.1
- Second release.
- 2015-01-15 v1.0
- First release. No lemmas, no features. Dependencies converted from the legacy UD treebank.
=================================== Universal Dependency Treebanks v2.0 (legacy information) =================================== ========================= Licenses and terms-of-use ========================= For the following languages German, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Brazilian Portuguese we will distinguish between two portions of the data. 1. The underlying text for sentences that were annotated. This data Google asserts no ownership over and no copyright over. Some or all of these sentences may be copyrighted in some jurisdictions. Where copyrighted, Google collected these sentences under exceptions to copyright or implied license rights. GOOGLE MAKES THEM AVAILABLE TO YOU 'AS IS', WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. 2. The annotations -- part-of-speech tags and dependency annotations. These are made available under a CC BY-SA 4.0. GOOGLE MAKES THEM AVAILABLE TO YOU 'AS IS', WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. See attached LICENSE file for the text of CC BY-NC-SA. Portions of the German data were sampled from the CoNLL 2006 Tiger Treebank data. Hans Uszkoreit graciously gave permission to use the underlying sentences in this data as part of this release. Any use of the data should reference the above plus: Universal Dependency Annotation for Multilingual Parsing Ryan McDonald, Joakim Nivre, Yvonne Quirmbach-Brundage, Yoav Goldberg, Dipanjan Das, Kuzman Ganchev, Keith Hall, Slav Petrov, Hao Zhang, Oscar Tackstrom, Claudia Bedini, Nuria Bertomeu Castello and Jungmee Lee Proceedings of ACL 2013 ======= Contact ======= email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com See https://github.com/ryanmcd/uni-dep-tb for more details
firstname.lastname@example.org=== Machine-readable metadata ================================================= Data available since: UD v1.0 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 Includes text: yes Genre: blog news reviews wiki Lemmas: automatic UPOS: converted from manual XPOS: not available Features: automatic Relations: converted from manual Contributors: Ballesteros, Miguel; Martínez Alonso, Héctor; McDonald, Ryan; Pascual, Elena; Silveira, Natalia; Zeman, Daniel; Nivre, Joakim Contributing: here Contact:
(Original treebank contributors: Quirmbach-Brundage, Yvonne; LaMontagne, Adam; Souček, Milan; Järvinen, Timo; Radici, Alessandra)