Scaffolds DNN extensions, including Modules (Webforms, SPA, and MVC), Persona Bar, Skin Object, Library, Scheduler, and Hotcakes Commerce projects (based on generator-dnn built by Matt Rutledge).
The 25 minute video below will walk you through everything you need to know. (right-click and open in a new tab)
Warning: You may need to add the user path to your Environmental Variables. Here is an example from Windows 10 (you'd replace your username):
You also need to install the latest version of MSBuild if you don't already have it installed.
- Build tools for Visual Studio 2017
- Build tools for Visual Studio 2015
- Build tools for Visual Studio 2013
Now, simply run the following commands:
npm install -g yo npm install -g yarn npm install -g generator-upendodnn
Then generate your new project:
mkdir my-project-name cd my-project-name yo upendodnn
You're intended to first create the
Solution Structure if you haven't yet done so in this directory.
Getting To Know Yeoman
- Yeoman has a heart of gold.
- Yeoman is a person with feelings and opinions, but is very easy to work with.
- Yeoman can be too opinionated at times but is easily convinced not to be.
- Feel free to learn more about Yeoman.
Want to learn more or how to build the generator code locally?
MIT © 2018 Matt Rutledge
MIT © 2019 Upendo Ventures, LLC