Virtual Trucker Rich Presence on Discord
Version 2.6.0 (2.60)
An easy tool to let others see your current job, truck, etc. using Discord Rich Presence!
Here's our Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/Zt49WDH
Your image will change on the rich presence depending if your lights are on.
ETCARS 0.15 is required for the RPC to work, older versions will not work.
THIS VERSION INCLUDES ETCARS 0.15, YOU MUST DO A FULL INSTALL FOR THIS TO WORK
Things to note!
- TruckersMP has their own Rich Presence which needs to be disabled in MP Settings!
- Due to a few problems with previous ETCARS, you will need to install ETCARS 0.15 from our installer.
- Promods isn't supported currently but there are future plans for supporting it.
Supports Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator and TruckersMP.
Rich presence example on Single Player
Rich presence example on Multiplayer
- Removed Rain Image
- Updated Images
- Changed Singleplayer Status Text
- ATS Images Now Added!
- Updated NPM Packages
- Added Icon to Update Notifier
- Added VT-RPC Icon to install directory
- Location detection is now on SP and more reliable!
- Removed Custom Message (No room for it on rpc)
- New images once again!
- Fixed a few bugs
- README has had duplicated text removed
- New logo added
- When there's no MP connection but you're on MP it will now just say Multiplayer instead of connecting.
- Fixed random crashes.
Use in end user environment
- Install Virtual Trucker Rich Presence using a release installation package from Releases Page .
Take a look to User Guide for further details.
Use in development environment
But here is the most important information:
- ETCARS 0.15 - https://etcarsdev.menzelstudios.com/
- Node.js - https://nodejs.org.
- Git - https://git-scm.com
- Install and download the required programs.
- Open cmd/powershell by holding shift while right clicking inside the VT-RPC directory.
- Install the required node modules by typing "npm i" in PS/CMD.
- Start the rich presence by typing "node index.js".
- Start ETS2.
- Select that and start playing!
Prepare for distribution
Without custom icon
npm run compile.
- Bundled exe will be written in
With custom icon
- Install Python 2.7 to
- Set environment variable
npm run compile --ico. Nexe will download node.js sources and compile it, first time will take a while. It's necessary to compile node from sources to set custom icon via nexe.
- Bundled exe will be written in
Create installation package
- Install InnoSetup - http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php
- Install Inno Download Plugin - https://bit.ly/2KnepSA
setup\InnoSetup.isswith InnoSetup and compile it
iscc .\setup\InnoSetupScript.iss(Add to PATH variable env
C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 5)
- Installation package will be written in
Why there is a VBScript in this project?
RunHidden.vbs to run a packaged node.js app windowless in windows. So, the application is launched from that vbscript.
vtrpc.log is written in:
- --dev : enable verbose development logging and dev environment behaviour
- --logetcarsdata : prints in console every ETCARS data received
- --logallactivity : prints in console every activity sent to Discord
- --clientConfiguration : specify clientconfiguration.json path
Credits To Staff
dowmeister: ETCARS plugin, coding, Trucky & Trucky API.
SgtBreadStick: Coding, Images, Website Developer.
Josh Menzel: ETCARS plugin, compatibility with ETCARS.
Heyhococo: Testing, Mac Testing.
Lasse: Initial project, coding.