Mozilla WebThings is now WebThings!
- Default profile directory has moved from
MOZIOT_HOMEenvironment variable is now
- Default tunneling service has switched from
- Default update servers are now hosted on
- The Docker image has moved from
- On Raspbian, the system services are now named
webthings-gateway.*, rather than
- On Raspbian, the gateway now lives in
~/webthings/gateway, rather than
- Add-ons can now be searched.
- Node 14 is now supported by the gateway and add-ons.
- Podman is now supported by the Docker image.
- Support for new capabilities:
gateway-addonlibrary for Node is now written in TypeScript.
- Users can now enable installation of prerelease updates via the config file.
- M-JPEG video streams are now supported as an alternative to MPEG-DASH and HLS.
- New translations:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- The UI can now be reloaded when on an extension page, without being redirected back to the Things page.
- Built-in mDNS server has been removed in favor of the system server (e.g. Avahi or Bonjour).
- New udev rule for a CO2 monitor.
- SPI enabled on Raspbian.
- Add-on licenses are opened in a nice overlay.
- Rules can now be deleted from within the rule page.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Added 2FA login support.
- Resolved issues with removing devices.
- Minimum Node.js version is now 10.
- Add-ons now use WebSockets for IPC, rather than nanomsg.
- Commands API has been removed.
- ColorModeProperty is now supported for light bulbs which can set both RGB
color and white temperature.
- Added 24 new translations
- Added packages for Debian, Ubuntu, Raspbian, Fedora, and Arch Linux
- On Arch, you can install the webthings-gateway package from the AUR
- Promoted logs from experimental status
- Removed experimental virtual assistant
- Allow user to disable automatic updates
- Allow local HTTP connections
- Add-ons can now access language and unit preferences
- Increased reliability of Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Countless bug fixes
- Extension Add-ons
- Localisation Settings
- Multiple devices over a single WebSocket connection
0.9.2 Update a few dependencies. (#2076)
This update fixes an issue where the wrong version of the gateway-addon python package would be installed after an OTA update.
Note that there are no changes to the standalone image so this release contains the 0.9.0 images and medkit.
Properly updates dnsmasq.conf for new WiFi captive portal IP address. Improves experience for users who switch between using WiFi and ethernet.
- New Network Settings
- Add camera support
- Add leak and temperature sensor support
- Fix misc. rules issues
- Support latest thing description format changes
- Proxy access to internal thing resources
- Improve rules performance several times over