Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Link repository for international GTFS training materials
Welcome to the GTFS-Training-Materials wiki!
This is a staging ground for building a repository of links to unofficial, multi-lingual GTFS training materials that are free for anyone to use. Feedback, contributions, and edits to this wiki are welcome!
NEW FREE ON-LINE GTFS COURSE!
The World Bank is offering a free on-line course on GTFS. The course objective is to empower participants to create, manage, and use GTFS feeds, particularly in cities that do not already have complete electronic systems for storing and managing their transit system data. The course methodologies are based upon the World Bank and others’ successful experiences in creating GTFS feeds in resource-constrained environments and reflect the latest work and knowledge in open data and open-source software.
GTFS Data Management
Unofficial Translations of GTFS Standard Reference Materials
- // Source: https://developers.google.com/transit/gtfs/reference
- Chinese: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6WW9rdkxtQVlJQ2s/edit?usp=sharing
- Vietnamese: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6MVNqNzdhcnhrUjA/edit?usp=sharing
- Chinese: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6SWRYOXB3Q1ZKZkU/edit?usp=sharing
- English: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16inL5BVcM1aU-_DcFJay_tC6Ni0wPa0nvQEstueG5k4/edit?usp=sharing
GTFS Validation Guidance
- // Source: https://code.google.com/p/googletransitdatafeed
- Chinese: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6MXlhaEZHNnZvZkU/edit?usp=sharing
Pre-Processing GTFS Data Collected Using TransitWand
- // Referenced open source tool: https://github.com/conveyal/transit-wand
- English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6NDh2OEEzUEVfYTA/edit?usp=sharing
GTFS Background On-Line Resources
- Chinese: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6LTBWU1JmNnVVX28/edit?usp=sharing
- English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6Z1VQY1JFaC1QSk0/edit?usp=sharing
GTFS County-Specific Issues
GTFS Transit Indicator Calculation SQL Code
- SQL code for calculating about 30 indicators from GTFS data, prepared by Azavea: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Ot4FPs1rW6TDV2bWNuRVFZNTA/view?usp=sharing
Open Source Applications that Support GTFS
// Note: Many of these starter-list links are works-in-progress
Open Transit Indicators: Web-based, very user-friendly application for generating transit service, accessibility, and performance indicators from GTFS, GTFS-RT, and GIS census data.
TransitWand: Mobile application for collecting GTFS data in the field
GTFS Editor: Web-based visually-based application for creating / editing a GTFS feed
Open Trip Planner: Web-based multi-modal trip planning tool
Open Trip Planner Analyst: Web-based platform for using GTFS data to analyze transit service data
GTFS RT Admin Tool: Web-based platform for tracking transit service delays
SimpleGTFSCreator: Python script that generates GTFS feeds from GIS files
Inovatica TransitArt: Three modules for generating interactive web-based schedules https://github.com/inovatica/TransitArtTypo3Extension
- Crowd-sourced directory of official and unofficial GTFS feeds from across the world -- very fancy!
- Worldwide directory of GTFS and GTFS-realtime feeds. Data is stored in github.
Headway Blog by Joe Hughes (no longer updated)
- Aaron Antrim, Trillium Solutions; email@example.com. Documents worked on: GTFS Examples, GTFS On-Line Resources, GTFS Validation Guidance
- Li Qu, World Bank; firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents worked on: Pre-Processing GTFS Data Collected Using TransitWand
- Holly Krambeck, World Bank; email@example.com