Roundcube for YunoHost
This package allow you to install Roundcube quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.
Roundcube is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface.
Shipped version: 1.4.11
You can extend - or even override - the Roundcube configuration which is coming with this package in the file
conf/local.inc.php. Do not edit the file
conf/config.inc.php as future upgrades will overwrite it.
- Official documentation: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki
- YunoHost documentation: https://github.com/YunoHost/doc/blob/master/app_roundcube.md:
YunoHost specific features
In addition to Roundcube core features, the following are made available with this package:
- Synchronize your email aliases as identities in Roundcube
- Install the contextmenu and automatic addressbook plugins by default
- Allow to install the CardDAV (address book) synchronization plugin at the installation - note that if you have installed Nextcloud or Baïkal, it will automatically add the corresponding and existing address book.
- Integrate with YunoHost users and SSO - i.e logout button, YunoHost users search
- No known limitations.
You can also install other plugins - which will not be removed with upgrades. To do so, you can use the official Plugin Repository.
From the Plugin Repository
Let's say for example that we want to install the html5_notifier plugin.
Connect to your server as root using SSH:
$ ssh email@example.com $ sudo -i
Log in as the
roundcubeuser - which owns the roundcube directory - and navigate in it:
# su -s /bin/bash - roundcube $ cd /var/www/roundcube
Install the plugin you want using composer - note that you have to specify kitist/html5_notifier and not only html5_notifier:
$ COMPOSER_HOME=./.composer php composer.phar require "kitist/html5_notifier"
Enable it in the local configuration file
conf/local.inc.phpusing your favorite text editor by adding:
<?php $config['plugins'] = 'html5_notifier';
Note that you should also check the plugin homepage for additional installation steps as needed.
You can also download the plugin and put it under the
plugins/ directory. In this case, do not forget to change ownerships of this folder to
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/roundcube_ynh/issues
- Roundcube website: https://roundcube.net/
- Roundcube repository: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Please do your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/roundcube_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade roundcube -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/roundcube_ynh/tree/testing --debug