A lightweight CSS3 image gallery that is pretty to look and and easy to use.
- Both the script & CSS are only 7k each (minified script, not gziped)
- Uses silky-smooth, hardware accelerated, CSS3 transitions and animations (for better performance)
- Pretty UI and easy UX
- CSS3 preloader, tailored-made. The only image you need is the arrow.png (soon even not that)
- Works also on IE9 and above, but clearly not as nice as in normal browsers
- Uses event-delegation on all thumbnails events
What can this baby do
- Images can be zoomed in and out with mousewheel and navigated using mousemove to move around
- Bottom row of thumbnails, navigated by mouse movment
- Shows the image's 'alt' or 'title' attribute text at the bottom
- Indicate the index of the current viewed image in relation to the total, like so: (36/100)
- Supports looping after first and last images
- Supports keyboard keys for navigation and closing the gallery view
Basic use-case example:
<div id='gallery'> <a href="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image1_large.jpg"> <img src="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image1_small.jpg" alt="photo1 title"> </a> <a href="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image2_large.jpg"> <img src="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image2_small.jpg" alt="photo2 title"> </a> <a href="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image3_large.jpg"> <img src="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image3_small.jpg" alt="photo3 title"> </a> <a href="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image4_large.jpg"> <img src="http://www.somedomain.com/images/image4_small.jpg" alt="photo4 title"> </a> </div> ... ... ... <script> $('#gallery a').photobox(); </script>
loop (Default: 'true')
Loop back to last image before the first one and to the first image after last one.
thumbs (Default: 'true')
Show thumbs of all the images in the gallery at the bottom.
counter (Default: 'true')
Show the current image index position relative to the whole. Example (3,11).
hideFlash (Default: 'true')
Hide flash instances when viewing an image in the gallery.
keys.close (Default: "27, 88, 67")
Key codes which close the gallery.
keys.prev (Default: "37, 80")
Key codes which change to the previous image.
keys.next (Default: "39, 78")
Key codes which change to the next image.