Various information about Mac hardware used by multiple projects, including OpenCore.
Current database status maintained by @Andrey1970AppleLife.
macserial is a tool that obtains and decodes Mac serial number and board identifier to provide more information about the production of your hardware. Works as a decent companion to Apple Check Coverage and Apple Specs portal. Check the format description for more details.
Should be built with a compiler supporting C99. Prebuilt binaries are available for macOS 10.4 and higher.
-h argument to see all available arguments.
To add a new hardware board, please create a file in DataBase
directory, and then run
./update_generated.py. It should not
output anything and return zero code.
To install PyYAML on macOS use the following commands:
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py sudo -H python get-pip.py sudo -H pip install pyyaml
- All database maintainers, who continue to actualise data
- AppleLife and VirtualSMC hardware dump databases
- Chameleon and Clover teams for legacy Apple SMBIOS database
- al3xjames for several hints and another database
- CCC and ...numberinfo.com for hiding their work and inspiring others to reverse it
- Several guys from AppleLife for conducting relevant parts of the research, thanks a lot!