Android Architecture Starter Templates (beta)
Templates are compatible with the latest stable version of Android Studio.
||Reactive architecture, Compose, database, single module|
||Base template + multimodule|
The app contains a simple Compose UI that shows a list of
saved strings and lets the user save new ones.
- Room Database
- Dependency injection with Hilt
- Jetpack ViewModel
- UI using Jetpack Compose and Material3
- Jetpack Navigation
- Reactive data layer
- Kotlin Coroutines and Flow
- Unit tests
- UI tests using fake data with Hilt
- Clone the repository, optionally choosing a branch. For example, to check out the
git clone https://github.com/android/architecture-templates.git --branch base
- Run the customizer script:
bash customizer.sh your.package.name DataItemType [YourAppName]
your.package.nameis your app ID (should be lowercase)
DataItemTypeis used for the name of the screen, exposed state and data base entity (should be PascalCase).
- Optionally, you can specify a name for your application (should be in PascalCase).
Note: the customizer script requires bash 4 and above. You might have to install a modern version on macOS:
brew install bash
This code is distributed under the terms of the Apache License (Version 2.0). See the license for more information.