Ant Media Server
Ant Media Server is a software that can stream live and VoD streams. It supports scalable, ultra low latency (0.5 seconds) adaptive streaming and records live videos in several formats like HLS, MP4, etc.
Here are the fundamental features of Ant Media Server:
- Ultra Low Latency Adaptive One to Many WebRTC Live Streaming in Enterprise Edition
- Adaptive Bitrate for Live Streams (WebRTC, MP4, HLS) in Enterprise Edition
- SFU in One to Many WebRTC Streams in Enterprise Edition
- Live Stream Publishing with RTMP and WebRTC
- WebRTC to RTMP Adapter
- IP Camera Support
- Recording Live Streams (MP4 and HLS)
- Restream to Social Media Simultaneously(Facebook and Youtube in Enterprise Edition)
- One-Time Token Control in Enterprise Edition
- Object Detection in Enterprise Edition
Community Edition & Enterprise Edition
Ant Media Server has two versions. One of them is the Community Edition(Free) and the other one is Enterprise Edition. Community Edition is available to download on Github. Enterprise Edition can be purchased on antmedia.io
|Community Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Ultra Low Latency
One-to-Many WebRTC Streaming
|End-to-End Latency||8-12 Seconds||0.5 Seconds (500ms)|
|iOS & Android WebRTC SDK|
|iOS & Android RTMP SDK|
|RTMP, RTSP, MP4 and HLS Support|
|WebRTC to RTMP Adapter|
|360 Degree Live & VoD Streams|
|Web Management Dashboard|
|IP Camera Support|
|Re-stream Remote Streams|
|Simulcasting to Periscope|
|Simulcast to Facebook & Youtube|
Ant Media Server has basically two types of licenses.
- Ant Media Server Community Edition is free to use.
- Ant Media Server Enterprise Edition has a paid license per instance. Paid license options are hourly, monthly, annually and perpetual. You can get licenses from antmedia.io or you can use hourly licenses from Marketplaces in AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace.
Enterprise Cluster License
Enterprise Cluster License is almost same as the Enterprise License. Enterprise Cluster License supports many instances run simultaneously with the same license key. On the other hand, Enterprise License key only supports one instance at a time.
If you're planning to have a large deployment for your Enterprise Cluster, please contact with Sales in order to have some discounts.
Free Enterprise License for Education, Tech Communities and Startups
Ant Media provides free Enterprise Licenses* for the students, academics, communities and early stage startup companies. To get advantage of this opportunity, just send an email (from your institution, company or community e-mail address) to email@example.com
Ant Media Server runs on Linux(Ubuntu) and MacOS. it supports only x64 architecture. Ubuntu 16.04 is officially supported and auxiliary scripts are provided for Ubuntu 16.04. In addition, It's known that Ant Media Server is used on Centos, SUSE, Debian distributions as well.
Object Recognition with TensorFlow
Ant Media Server can use trained deep learning model to recognize objects in the live streams. This is a CPU intensive process so if you enable this feature, server's CPU consumption will increase.
Meanwhile, users can use any deep models to execute for the live streams on the fly.
There is a user community available in google group. You can join the google group, ask or answer questions: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ant-media-server
You can also ask your questions at StackOverflow with the
For more information and blog posts visit antmedia.io