These are the release notes for appleseed 1.6.0-beta.
The following people contributed code for this release, in alphabetical order:
- Luis Barrancos
- François Beaune
- Esteban Tovagliari
Note: We are providing builds relying on the SSE 4.2 SIMD instruction set. Please contact us if your machine does not support SSE 4.2 and you would like a build relying on SSE 2 instead.
- Fixed color shifting problems in SSS.
- Fixed rare hanging in presence of SSS materials.
- Fixed rare problems when mixing RGB colors and spectra.
- Fixed rare problems with lat-long environment maps with fully black rows.
- Fixed bug leading to absolute texture paths in projects when saving projects in place.
- Reimplemented built-in mesh primitives to have better UV parameterizations.
- Added support for multiple cameras.
- We're now providing Visual Studio 2015 builds, in addition to Visual Studio 2013 ones.
- Fixed bug when interpolated normals/tangents were null.
- Fixed a number of bugs in the
- Fixed crash with empty string parameters.
- Improved shader compatibility with other renderers.
- Added first set of shaders matching Maya shading nodes.
- Removed mean cosine (
g) parameter from appleseed subsurface closures.
- Added missing
MeshObjectmethods to Python bindings.