A Tumblr feedreader and reblogging tool written in ruby, requires PostgreSQL.
Setup a list of interesting tags with a score and it will pull new posts from the tags and display the ones with the highest score, and you'll be able to reblog the one you likes with a single click.
Eliminates duplicated images (see bellow).
Code should be easy to hack on, contact me for any question.
I'm using an (ssl client certificate)[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security#Client-authenticated_TLS_handshake] for authentication which requires some configuration on the frontal nginx / apache.
- install (pgsimilarity)[http://pgsimilarity.projects.pgfoundry.org] on your PostgreSQL server
- deploy the application on your server
- register a Tumblr application at http://www.tumblr.com/oauth/apps and get the OAuth consumer key and secret key, for the callback url use http://your_webiste/callback
- set the environment variables (see bellow)
- create the database schema
sequel -m migrations postgres://LOGIN:PASSWORD@HOST:5432/SCHEMA
- open the application and setup the tags
- schedule an http call to /fetch_next_tags_external to retrieve the latest posts for the tags
- consumer_key : the application OAuth consumer key
- secret_key : the application OAuth secret key
- tumblr_name : your tumblr's name
- http_x_ssl_issuer : the SSL issuer of your client certificate
- DATABASE_URL : database url, syntax is described here, remember to add the required database gem
- api_key : an api key for clients
Except files with their own copyright license:
Copyright (c) 2011 - 2016, Julien Kirch All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Neither the name of BiteScript nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.