Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- One of the supported ESP8266 modules
- 3.3V FTDI USB-to-Serial Converter/Programmer (example) or RaspberryPi
Please note that there are FTDI programmers that can be switched between 3.3 V and 5 V for the data pins, but still provide 5V on the power pin. This might fry your devices.
- Soldering iron and header pins
Use either of the following:
See the Arduino IDE link in the right hand menu.
- The willingness to solder and tinker
- The firmware source code found here
- An MQTT broker
- An MQTT client to interact with the Sonoff module (Desktop Client, Android App, Home Automation Software, ...)