Ubuntu-based container with Firefox, SSH server, and RDP support
This container gives you a minimal GUI environment based on LXDE on top of Ubuntu, with some niceties thrown in.
supervisord is used to control startup processes. A syslog daemon logs everything to Docker's logs. Cron is installed as well.
NOTE: You must use
--init in order to have a stable running container. Otherwise, dead processes will not be reaped and you will eventually run out of resources.
To access remotely, either SSH or RDP into the container. The username and password, by default, are both
docker run -d -p 3389:3389 --init --shm-size=2g arktronic/ubuntu-graphical
- Original release, based on Ubuntu 18.04
- CAUTION: uses a hard-coded RDP certificate!
- Based on Ubuntu 20.04
- Includes support for audio over RDP (somewhat buggy; help is appreciated)
- Generates new SSH host key and RDP certificate on first run
- Reduce number of intermediate images
- Fix manpages