Home Assistant Configuration
Here's my Home Assistant configuration. I have installed HA on an Intel NUC SkullCanyon with 32GB RAM and 500GB NVMe SSD. I am currently running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on the NUC and used the virtual environment approach to install HA.
I regularly update my configuration files. You can check my current HA version here. If you like anything here, Be sure to
Other things that I run on my NUC
docker create \ --name plex --net=host --restart=always \ -e TZ="America/New York" \ -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 \ -e PLEX_CLAIM="<CLAIM>" \ -p 32400:32400 \ -v /docker/containers/plex/config:/config \ -v /docker/containers/plex/transcode:/transcode \ -v /mnt/music:/data/music:shared \ -v "/mnt/media/TV Shows":/data/tvshows:shared \ -v /mnt/bollywood:/data/bollywood:shared \ -v /mnt/hollywood:/data/movies:shared \ plexinc/pms-docker:plexpass
- Machinebox image tagging service in a Docker container using the following command. First obtain your API key and assign it to
MB_KEYand then run the container using (you can access the Tagbox interface at http://ip.ad.dr.es:8081):
$ sudo docker run --name=machinebox -p 8081:8080 -e "MB_KEY=$MB_KEY" -d machinebox/tagbox
Some of the devices and services that I use with HA
- Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 for Z-Wave control
- I use a z-wave dry contact relay along with a tilt sensor for automating my garage door.
- Xiaomi Aqara for Zigbee sensors
- Presence detection is the cornerstone for my setup and I use an elaborate approach as explained here. Currently, I combine the information from the following device trackers using a
python_scriptand a Bayesian binary sensor. Here are the components that I use for presence:
- Lights and Switches
- Voice Interaction
- Weather and Climate related
My Home Assistant dashboard
- HA cheat sheet for miscellaneous tips and tricks.