Copyright (C) 2001-2014 David Capello
THIS PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
See the license section for more information.
Aseprite is an open source program to create animated sprites. Its main features are:
- Sprites are composed by layers & frames (as separated concepts).
- Supported color modes: RGBA, Indexed (palettes up to 256 colors), and Grayscale.
- Load/save sequence of PNG files and GIF animations (also FLC, FLI, JPG, BMP, PCX, TGA).
- Export/import animations to/from Sprite Sheets.
- Tiled drawing mode, useful to draw patterns and textures.
- Undo/Redo for every operation.
- Mini-editor with real-time animation preview.
- Multiple editors support.
- Pixel art specific tools like filled Contour & Polygon.
- Onion skinning
There are a list of Known Issues (things to be fixed or that aren't yet implemented).
If you found a bug, or you have a new idea/feature for the program, you can report them using the following links:
You can ask for help in:
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
- David Capello firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmer, designer, and maintainer.
- Ilija Melentijevic
New GUI skin (from Aseprite 0.8). A lot of good ideas.
Thanks to all the people who have contributed ideas, patches, bugs report, feature requests, donations, and help me developing Aseprite.
Aseprite uses libraries or parts of the original source code of the following projects created by third-parties:
- Allegro 4 - allegro4 license
- AllegroFont - FTL license
- curl - curl license
- FreeType - FTL license
- giflib - giflib license
- GIMP - GPL license
- GTK+ - LGPL license
- Google Test - gtest license
- mongoose - MIT license
- libart - LGPL license
- libjpeg - libjpeg license
- libpng - libpng license
- loadpng - zlib license
- tinyxml - zlib license
- XFree86 - XFree86 license
- zlib - ZLIB license
Other parts of code by:
- Gary Oberbrunner
Code to quantize RGB images with ordered dither method.