BEAGLE release notes
- Further fixes to
pthread linking problems for Linux compilation under GCC;
- Fixed issue with odd state counts and CPU SSE;
- Fixed issue with non nucleotide state counts on AMD GPUs;
- Adjustments to CPU auto-threading heuristics.
pthread linking issue on Linux which prevented some programs from loading CPU plugin;
- Fixed issue with multi-partition mode and unrooted trees on CPU implementation (multi-partition on CPU typically only used for debugging)
- Automatic resource selection via
- Control of CPU threading with
- CPU implementation now defaults to non-threaded implementation to replicate behaviour of previous versions;
- Improved CPU auto-threading to use fewer threads for better performance in some scenarios;
- Improved performance for CUDA implementation when rescaling (improved synchonization of streams).
- Fixed macOS installer to place BEAGLE JNI library in correct location;
- Removed OpenCL implementation from macOS build and installer, as OpenCL is being deprecated by Apple.
- Fixed issue with GPU implementation (undersized array allocation).
- Improved performance for partitioned data sets;
- Improved performance for large trees with short alignments;
- Improved performance for default CPU implementation, via use of threading;
- Several bug fixes.
- Fixed OS X binary release issue with GNU libtool shared library dependency.
- Fixed OS X binary release compatibility with system versions 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
- Support for OpenCL on CPU for Apple devices;
- SSE and CUDA plugins for Windows reintroduced;
- Windows installer detects previous versions and removes them automatically;
- Other bug fixes, including ones that affected OpenCL performance.
- OpenCL support for GPUs, including AMD, and CPUs (multicore and vectorisation);
- Multi-epoch substitution models;
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.