Opinionated way to start a new Laravel project.
I just got tired of repeating the same things over and over. I made this repository public, because why not?
In addition to code clean up, I added or removed dependencies both in the front and the back end.
- benjamincrozat/laravel-blade-sugar, too add handy new Blade directives;
- codedungeon/phpunit-result-printer, for a prettier PHPUnit display in your console;
- laravel/dusk, for easy browser testing;
- laravel/homestead, if you don't want to use Valet or Docker;
- laravel/nova, to quickly set up a powerful and beautiful admin panel;
- laravel/telescope, to help you debug and optimize your application;
- nothingworks/blade-svg, to make it easy working with SVGs;
- predis/predis, which is used by Laravel if the native extension isn't present;
- shipping-docker/vessel, if you don't want to use Valet or Vagrant.
I removed the jQuery and Bootstrap stuff, kept Vue.js and Axios and added Tailwind CSS. The Mix configuration can strip all unused styles when compiling for production, which dramatically reduce file size!
composer create-project benjamincrozat/laravel-boilerplate example