This repository contains sample apps which are using the Bitmovin Player iOS SDK.
Table of Content
- Available Sample Apps
- Sample Apps Setup Instructions
- How to integrate the Bitmovin Player iOS SDK
- Development Notes
- Documentation & Release Notes
Available Sample Apps
- BasicPlayback: Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be setup for basic playback of HLS or progressive streams.
- BasicPlaybackTV: Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be setup for basic playback of HLS or progressive streams in a tvOS application.
- BasicPlaylist Shows how to implement queueing / playlists.
- BasicMetadataHandling Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be setup and configured for playback of content which contains metadata.
- BasicDRMPlayback: Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be setup and configured for playback of FairPlay Streaming protected content.
- BasicOfflinePlayback Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be used to download protected and unprotected content for offline playback.
Playback & Casting
- BackgroundPlayback Shows how background playback can be implemented for the Bitmovin Player (e.g. to play audio in silent mode).
- BasicCasting Shows how the ChromeCast support of the Bitmovin Player can be setup and configured. (Please mind the Casting Requirements)
- AdvancedCasting Shows how to implement advanced casting use cases. (Please mind the Casting Requirements)
- BasicAds Shows how the Bitmovin Player can be setup and configured for playback of ads.
- SystemUI Shows how the system UI can be used instead of Bitmovin's default UI.
- BasicFullscreenHandling Shows how to use the
BitmovinFullscreenHandler-protocol to implement basic fullscreen handling.
Sample App Setup Instructions
pod install --repo-update to properly initialize the workspace. In each sample app you also have to add your Bitmovin Player license key to
Info.plist file as
In addition to that you have to log in to https://bitmovin.com/dashboard, where you have to add the following bundle identifier of the sample application as an allowed domain under
Player -> Licenses:
com.bitmovin.player.samples.playback.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.tv.playback.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.drm.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.casting.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.metadata.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.custom.ui.html com.bitmovin.player.samples.ads.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.systemui com.bitmovin.player.samples.playlist.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.offline.basic com.bitmovin.player.samples.playback.background com.bitmovin.player.samples.casting.advanced com.bitmovin.player.samples.fullscreen.basic
How to integrate the Bitmovin Player iOS SDK
When you want to develop an own iOS application using the Bitmovin Player iOS SDK read through the following steps.
Adding the SDK To Your Project
To add the SDK as a dependency to your project, you have two options: Using CocoaPods or adding the SDK bundle directly.
source 'https://github.com/bitmovin/cocoapod-specs.git'to your Podfile.
pod repo updateto add the newly added source.
pod 'BitmovinPlayer', '2.61.0'to your Podfile.
- Install the pod using
Podfile of this repository for a full example.
Adding the SDK Directly
When using Xcode, go to the
General settings page and add the SDK bundle (
Linked Frameworks and Libraries. The SDK bundles for iOS and tvOS can be downloaded here.
Prepare your Bitmovin Player license
Add your Bitmovin player license key to the
Your player license key can be found when logging in into https://bitmovin.com/dashboard and navigating to
Player -> Licenses.
Add the Bundle identifier of the iOS application which is using the SDK as an allowed domain to the Bitmovin licensing backend. This can be also done under
Player -> Licenseswhen logging in into https://dashboard.bitmovin.com with your account.
When you do not do this, you'll get a license error when starting the application which contains the player.
- If you develop using XCode 10 targeting iOS 12 make sure you use a provisioning profile with
Access WiFi Informationenabled for the
BasicCastingas well as for the
- If you develop using XCode 11 targeting iOS 13 please make sure the
NSBluetoothAlwaysUsageDescriptionkey is set in the
info.plistfor both the
Documentation And Release Notes
If you have any questions or issues with this SDK or its examples, or you require other technical support for our services, please login to your Bitmovin Dashboard at https://bitmovin.com/dashboard and create a new support case. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible