This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.6.0
The main focus of this release is improved controller support.
Changes since 2.5.0:
Modified the controller keybind. "B" is now Cancel instead of "Y"
There is a virtual keyboard on the enter name screen allowing using a mouse or a gamepad to type.
Added patch by bmwiedemann for sorting in the data file
Update embedded Cerial from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0
Update library versions for the compiled version:
- SDL2: 2.0.9 to 2.0.12
- SDL2_image: 2.0.4 to 2.0.5
- SDL2_ttf: 2.0.14 to 2.0.15
- physfs: 2.0.3 to 3.0.2
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.5.0
Changes since 2.4.0:
- Added option to always use the software renderer
- Automatically start in software render the first time after a crash
- Fixed the search order in archives
- Added widescreen support. Only used in fullscreen by default.
- Added appstream metadata
- Screenshot feature no longer crashes in hardware acceleration. Still only works in software mode
Windows binaries updated 2019-07-04 with versions "2.5.0+1". They fix a Windows specific bug that only affected Windows 10 1809
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.4.0
Changes since 2.3.0:
Different starting speeds for Endless
Minor code cleanup
Improved "About" page with technical information
Also dumps the about page info to "about.txt" when viewed
Default player 1 name is now fetched from the OS
Improved unicode support (--homepath can now be used with Unicode chars)
Windows 7 is now required
Build against SDL 2.0.9 fixing some scaling problems and improving gamepad support
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.3.0
Changes since 2.2.0:
Several keyboard keys are now translatable
Window size is now restored on next startup
The back-button on the gamepad now goes back in menus
Gamepad L2 and R2 can now be used to push lines
Game Over, Winner and Draw are now translatable
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.2.0
The primary change in this version is the font handling but I have also added a few help pages.
While an updated font handling may at first glance not seem so interesting the effect is actually quite bug. Most importantly the scaling is now a lot better. This is important as computer screens has gotten smaller and smaller in the past years. Another change is that the game now runs out of the box on Windows machines with high resolution displays.
Changes since 2.1.2:
- New font system
- Better scaling
- Works out of the box on Windows with high resolution displays
- New help menu with rule explanations
- Some string like "winner", "loser" and "draw" are not translatable.
- Keyboard key names are not translatable either
- A few screens like the "name" screen does not have gamepad support
- Only gamepads connected on startup can be used
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.1.2
This version only fixes one single bug. The Windows version would not save correctly if "My Games" did not already exist in the Documents folder.
No changes to anything else
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.1.1
This has the first gameplay change in a long time. In the previous version the rise would stop
while clearing. It could stop for several seconds. This is no longer the case. The time is now
bound and will lower as the game progresses.
The update of the model has also been changed. This should make it more smooth in some of the
high speed Stage Clear levels.
Changes since 2.0.1:
- There is now an upper limit on how long the rise will stop
- The internal updated of the game has been updated from 20 times a second to 100 times a second
- Menu fonts have been changed
- Window is now resizeable by default
- jsoncpp removed as a dependency
- Other code cleanup
- Docker files are now provided to make compiling even easier
- Translation strings changed and are now more
- Updated libraries
About the resize of the window:
The normal resize will simply resize the whole screen. This unfortunately makes the fonts hard to read.
The size of the screen is not saved!
You can use the command line argument "--no-auto-scale" to not scale the whole image. Screen size will
also be saved in this mode and remembered for the next startup.
- Windows 10 with HighDPI: Fonts becomes unreadable. #5
- The translation does not work with the shortcuts created by the Windows installer due to a wrong startup path. I have not been able to figure out why
Thanks to the people that have provided patches or feedback for this release: Paul Wise, mstraube and scootergrisen
Especially mstraube that discovered a fatal problem just hours after the release of 2.1.0.
This is Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - version 2.0.1
This is a small bugfix release that fixes 2 bugs:
- The "Get Ready" animation used the wrong sprite
- My homepath was hardcoded in the Makefile (Linux only)
- Resolution is still fixed at 1024x768
- Fonts are messed up in some rare cases (opserved on a Windows 10 machine with High DPI)