Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks - the game
A Tetris Attack Clone under the GPL.
- A version of g++ with C++11 support. Tested on g++-4.9
- libboost (only needed for compiling)
- libutfcpp (only needed for compiling)
The only supported build method is using the CMake
To build do:
./packdata.sh cmake . # or # cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug . # or # cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . make
The result should be in the "Game"-folder. To run
You can also choose to install it with
sudo make install
Windows build uses MXE (mxe.cc) with these installed:
sdl2 sdl2_image sdl2_mixer sdl2_ttf physfs libtool gettext freetype zlib boost
and libutfcpp copied from "source/misc/travis_help/utf8_v2_3_4/source/" to "/path/to/mxe/usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32.static/4.9.3/include"
i686-w64-mingw32.static-cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . && make
Building using Docker
As getting a C++ project with many dependencies to compile can be a daunting task then I have provided a couple of Docker images that can perform a build. Both for Windows and Linux.
On a fresh checkout you can use:
docker build -f source/misc/docker/Dockerfile.Ubuntu14.04build . -t blockattack_test
docker build -f source/misc/docker/Dockerfile.WindoesBuild . -t blockattack_test
This project is a bit unconversionel because I didn't know any better at the time.
- Game - The output is placed here
- man - The manual file and the script to generate it. May be moved to source/misc at some point
- source/code/ - The source code
- source/code/Libs - External libs that are compiled into the project because they are either header only (Cereal) or not designed for use as a shared library.
- source/code/sago - Source code. Not designed to be specific to Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks
- source/assets - Source for the assets if relevant. For instance svg source for the graphics.
- source/misc - Misc stuff. Code related tool that are used for development but not part of the final product.
- source/misc/astyle - Helper script that enforces code style using the "astyle"-program
- source/misc/cmake - Files needed by CMake
- source/misc/docker - Docker files used by Travis CI (but can just as well be used for local testing and release builds)
- source/misc/icons - Icons for the installer
- source/misc/screenshots - Screen shots like the one in this README file.
- source/misc/translation - Translations and related tools and scripts
- source/misc/travis_help - Helper files for Travis CI
- windows installer - Information needed to Windows installer. May be moved to source/misc at some point
Please report bugs on github: https://github.com/blockattack/blockattack-game/issues If possible: Check if the bug is already fixed in master. But if you don't know how to check it then just report it.
Contributions are welcome. Both the current graphics and the original sharedir support was provided by kind individuals. Patches can be attached to a github ticket or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly. You can also create pull requests on Github.