BP Attachments is a "feature as a plugin" component to help other components deal with attachments. For the "once upon a time": see ticket 5429
- WordPress 4.2
- Requires at least BuddyPress 2.4.0
- Before activating the plugin, make sure all the files of the plugin are located in
- On multisite configs, make sure to activate BP Attachments at the same level than BuddyPress:
- if BuddyPress is network activated, activate BP Attachments on the network,
- if BuddyPress is activated on a specific blog, activate BP Attachments on the same blog.
- Once activated from the plugins Administration screen, make sure to activate the Attachments component from the BuddyPress settings page (Settings > BuddyPress > Components ).
About the component
BP Attachments uses a specific post type
bp_attachment to organize the files uploaded into a user's profile, or a Group if the BuddyPress Groups component is active.
It uses the BP Attachments API introduced in BuddyPress 2.3.0 and extends the Avatar UI.
You can watch a demo of it here
Todos & improvements
- Privacy support:
- Capabilities: need check & improvements
- Add another way to register a new
bp_componentto allow components generated by a plugin
- Build the Administration screens for the Attachments so that an admin can easily moderate user's Attachments
- Add some styles in the edit attachment user's screen.
- Check the translation file is loaded