A rhythm game for the metal-obsessed.
NecroBlaster is a "desk drumming" simulator that focuses on extreme metal genres such as death metal and black metal. It's kinda' like an abhorent, evil and cursed version of Dance Dance Revolution.
See here for a gameplay video: https://youtu.be/-lPuwb14ZYI
Setup / Installation
Clone the repo, ensure you have Love2D installed (https://love2d.org/) and then:
Disclaimer: NecroBlaster is a non-commercial work of fan art developed in a hobbyist capacity. No attempt will be made to officially sell or distribute this game. The source code is licensed under the liberal GNU GPL v3.
- Forest: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisschoenbohm/11473759125 (Creative Commons)
- Witches: http://150.vassar.edu/histories/mathematics/ (Historical / Unknown)
- Church: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davelau/904620963 (Creative Commons)
- Entient German Gothic Font: https://www.ffonts.net/Encient-German-Gothic.font (Creative Commons)
- XXII Ultimate Black Metal: https://www.dafont.com/xxii-ultimate-black-metal.font / http://doubletwo.net/DS/ / Lecter Johnson (Personal use)
- Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehJxHsFor-E (Creative Commons)
- Rain: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Falling_Rain_SFX_1_2016-11-19.oga (Creative Commons)
- Thunder: https://freesound.org/people/InspectorJ/sounds/320050/ / InspectorJ (Creative Commons)
- Master's Hammer: Ritual (Ritual, Monitor Records, 1991): http://mastershammer.com/
- Malevolant Creation: Manic Demise (The Fine Art of Murder, Pavement Music, 1998): https://www.facebook.com/malevolentcreation
- Sarcófago: Satanas (I.N.R.I, Cogumelo Produções, 1987): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarc%C3%B3fago
- Havohej: Final Hour of Christ (Dethrone The Son Of God, Candlelight Records, 1993): https://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/
- Mortician: Mass Mutilation (Chainsaw Dismemberment, Relapse Records, 1999): https://store.relapse.com/