DiscordGo is a Go package that provides low level bindings to the Discord chat client API. DiscordGo has nearly complete support for all of the Discord API endpoints, websocket interface, and voice interface.
If you would like to help the DiscordGo package please use this link to add the official DiscordGo test bot dgo to your server. This provides indispensable help to this project.
See dgVoice package for an example of additional voice helper functions and features for DiscordGo.
See dca for an experimental stand alone tool that wraps
ffmpegto create opus encoded audio appropriate for use with Discord (and DiscordGo).
For help with this package or general Go discussion, please join the Discord Gophers chat server.
This assumes you already have a working Go environment, if not please see this page first.
go get will always pull the latest tagged release from the master branch.
go get github.com/bwmarrin/discordgo
Import the package into your project.
Construct a new Discord client which can be used to access the variety of Discord API functions and to set callback functions for Discord events.
discord, err := discordgo.New("Bot " + "authentication token")
See Documentation and Examples below for more detailed information.
NOTICE: This library and the Discord API are unfinished. Because of that there may be major changes to library in the future.
The DiscordGo code is fairly well documented at this point and is currently the only documentation available. Both GoDoc and GoWalker (below) present that information in a nice format.
Below is a list of examples and other projects using DiscordGo. Please submit an issue if you would like your project added or removed from this list.
- DiscordGo Examples - A collection of example programs written with DiscordGo
- Awesome DiscordGo - A curated list of high quality projects using DiscordGo
For help with common problems please reference the Troubleshooting section of the project wiki.
Contributions are very welcomed, however please follow the below guidelines.
- First open an issue describing the bug or enhancement so it can be discussed.
- Try to match current naming conventions as closely as possible.
- This package is intended to be a low level direct mapping of the Discord API, so please avoid adding enhancements outside of that scope without first discussing it.
- Create a Pull Request with your changes against the master branch.
List of Discord APIs
See this chart for a feature comparison and list of other Discord API libraries.
Chris Rhodes - For the DiscordGo logo and tons of PRs.