Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
cc65 is a complete package, which includes
- a C compiler for machines with a 6502-compatible CPU,
- a powerful macro assembler,
- a linker, a librarian, and several other tools,
- target libraries that support common 6502 platforms like the Commodore C64, the Atari 8-bit machines, the Apple II, and others,
- documentation and more.
According to the original author and former maintainer: "With one exception in the compiler [access()], the code is plain ISO C; so, it should compile on most systems. Memory usage may be a problem, however."
cc65 can surely be compiled and run on the following platforms, for which GNU Compiler Collection -- GCC -- is available.
- Apple II
- Atari 2600 and other Atari 8-bit machines
- Commodore machines
- NEC PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16) game console
- Nintendo Entertainment System game console
- Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P
- Oric Atmos
- Watara Supervision game console
- Using cc65 with Emacs
- Using ca65 with foreign source
- Using runtime zeropage locations in assembly language
- Tiny Graphics Interface
- Priority of constructors, destructors, and interruptors
- Segment usage of constructors