Chummer is a character creation and management application for the tabletop RPG Shadowrun, Fifth Edition running on Windows. Not only can you create your character quickly and easily, but you can also use Chummer during your character's shadowrunning career, to accurately track your Karma, Nuyen, ammo, and everything else all in one place. Chummer also includes support for a number of optional rules and house rules and even includes support for critters and is useful for players and Game Masters alike! It also supports a number of languages: supports multiple languages: English (US), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil) and Chinese (Simplified) files are pre-installed, while additional languages can be added and shared through use of our in-house translator tool.
|Operating System||.Net Framework|
Installation - Windows
Chummer uses a single tree release strategy with two release channels; Milestone and Nightly.
- Milestone releases are a fixed-point for use by living communities and people that prefer not to update their application regularly. These releases are considered to be stable and are recommended for general use.
- Nightly releases are an automated build created with Appveyor at 0000 UTC daily. These releases are more likely to be unstable, but also receive new features and bugfixes faster than the Milestone releases. These are recommended for users that have a specific issue from Milestone that was resolved in Nightly, or are comfortable with testing features.
- Download the archive for your preferred update channel Milestone or Nightly (Select the latest Nightly tag)
- Extract to preferred folder location. If upgrading, you can extract over the top of an existing folder path.
- Run Chummer5.exe.
Installation - Linux and OSX
As Chummer is a WinForms application, support for other operating systems is limited. For Linux and Mac OSX, it is possible to run Chummer through Wine on these operating systems. See the wiki for further details.
Please take a look at our contributing guidelines if you're interested in helping!
This project is a continuation of work on the original Chummer projects for Shadowrun 4th and 5th editions, developed by Keith Rudolph and Adam Schmidt. Due to the closure of code.google.com, github repositories of their code have been created as a marker of their work. Please note, Chummer 4 is considered abandonware and is not maintained by the chummer5a team, and exists solely for historical purposes.
- Chummer 4, Keith Rudolph: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer
- Chummer 5, Keith Rudolph and Adam Schmidt: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5