This minor release is related to Yoast SEO support.
- Unlocked a change made in v3.4.0 by un-registering the rest field
yoast_headfor the Products API.
Originally it was to keep the JSON response valid because a bug at the time was causing the response to not return correctly. It was also to increase the performance of the response as Yoast SEO returns the same data twice just in a different format. Now the issue appears to be gone and recent feedback suggested this should be left on by default.
Other improvements for supporting third party plugins are in the works.
If you want to discuss supporting a third party plugin, start a discussion on the CoCart GitHub repository.
- Adjusted WooCommerce detection when installing CoCart on a completely fresh WordPress install. Related to [issue #341]
- Removed "Turn off CoCart" button from admin notice as the plugin already deactivates if WooCommerce not detected.
- Prevent plugin action links from showing if CoCart is not active.
✔️Compatible with WooCommerce v6.6
🚀You can now limit the results set to products assigned a specific category or tag via their slug names instead of ID.
Example of limiting products via category and tag.
There was some confusion with this as the documentation said (query by ID) but the API schema said (query by slug). Now you can do either. This adjustment affects both API versions.
Please do not use this release. Use v3.6.3 or above. Thank you.
cocart_prepare_money_response()function. Cleans up string values better.
- Additional decimals gone for item price.
- Item price and subtotal now returns correct money response.
Full Changelog: v3.6.1...v3.6.2
- Fixed calling
update_plugin_suggestions()function the non-static method. For WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
- Fixed undefined
get_variations()function. For Products API v2 thanks to @jnz31
get_connected_products()function to validate product ID's before returning. For Products API v2. Solves [issue #336]
Full Changelog: v3.6.0...v3.6.1
- Added support to prevent CoCart from being cached with WP Super Cache plugin.
- Added support to prevent CoCart from being cached with specific web hosts like Pantheon.
- Introduced new filter
cocart_send_cache_control_patternsthat allows you to control which routes will not be cached in the browser.
Full Changelog: v3.5.0...v3.6.0
- Improved: Plugin suggestions now fetches data from a JSON file and is cached once a week.
- Tweak: Quality of life update for Cart API v1. Should item added to cart not have an image it will fallback to the placeholder image.
✔️Compatible with WooCommerce v6.4
- Fixed Products API v2 Schema for Images.
Related to a change made in v3.2.0
Full Changelog: v3.4.1...v3.5.0