Monitorizare Vot is a mobile app for monitoring elections by authorized observers. They can use the app in order to offer a real-time snapshot on what is going on at polling stations and they can report on any noticeable irregularities.
The NGO-s with authorized observers for monitoring elections have real time access to the data the observers are transmitting therefore they can report on how voting is evolving and they can quickly signal to the authorities where issues need to be solved.
Moreover, where it is allowed, observers can also photograph and film specific situations and send the images to the NGO they belong to.
The app also has a web version, available for every citizen who wants to report on election irregularities. Monitorizare Vot was launched in 2016 and it has been used for the Romanian parliamentary elections so far, but it is available for further use, regardless of the type of elections or voting process.
Swagger docs for the API are available here.
Repos and projects
- repo for the API - https://github.com/code4romania/monitorizare-vot
- repo for the Android app - https://github.com/code4romania/monitorizare-vot-android
Other related projects:
If you would like to contribute to one of our repositories, first identify the scale of what you would like to contribute. If it is small (grammar/spelling or a bug fix) feel free to start working on a fix. If you are submitting a feature or substantial code contribution, please discuss it with the team and ensure it follows the product roadmap.
- Fork it (https://github.com/code4romania/monitorizare-vot-ios/fork)
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b feature/fooBar)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some fooBar')
- Push to the branch (git push origin feature/fooBar)
- Create a new Pull Request
- Request a new feature on GitHub.
- Vote for popular feature requests.
- File a bug in GitHub Issues.
- Email us with other feedback email@example.com
This project is licensed under the MPL 2.0 License - see the LICENSE file for details
Started in 2016, Code for Romania is a civic tech NGO, official member of the Code for All network. We have a community of over 500 volunteers (developers, ux/ui, communications, data scientists, graphic designers, devops, it security and more) who work pro-bono for developing digital solutions to solve social problems. #techforsocialgood. If you want to learn more details about our projects visit our site or if you want to talk to one of our staff members, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last, but not least, we rely on donations to ensure the infrastructure, logistics and management of our community that is widely spread accross 11 timezones, coding for social change to make Romania and the world a better place. If you want to support us, you can do it here.