Sorry, I will not be making any updates to this library. Will strongly recommend to switch to the option below. The library below still has all the same features. You might have to spend 2-3 hours for the migration, but I think it will be worth. Sorry again.
A completely re-designed library is in the works. Check it out here
Makes it easy and simple to integrate "Attach that photo/video" feature into your android apps.
Don't worry about various devices/OS variations.
Don't worry about out-of-memory errors.
Don't worry about creating thumbnails to show a preview.
Picking up any file for your app, and it's details.
Code less for capturing images/videos
- Supports picking up images/videos from phone gallery.
- Supports capturing images/videos using the phone camera.
- Generates thumb-nails for the any chosen media.
- Works on most(99%) of the phones/os versions.
- (New) Supports picking up files in general.
- Similar code base to implement irrespective of Android version of device.
<dependency> <groupId>com.kbeanie</groupId> <artifactId>image-chooser-library</artifactId> <version>1.5.8</version> </dependency>
Configuring on Android Studio
Apps using Image Chooser Library
|App||Link to Play Store||App||Link to Play Store|
|Image Chooser App||Blogaway|
If you would like to add your app to this list, drop me an email.
- Minor improvements
- Issue #155
- Issue #160
- Issue #50
- File chooser should not show "Contacts" as an option.
- Multiple Image handling
- Multiple Video handling
- Thumbnail issue is fixed.
- Some minor bugs.
- Out of Memory Errors Fix. (Issue 204)
- Important fix for attaching video files.
- Removed launcher icon from the library source
- Bug Fixes
Copyright 2013 Kumar Bibek
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.