sprint 2012 12 06
Clone this wiki locally
Basis of Planning: https://trello.com/board/crowbar-2-0/50809fb54fa7ad9c1a000f4d
Dial-in for all meetings: http://join.me/dellcrowbar
Design Meeting (12/18)
- James Tan - Works at SUSE, based in Germany. New to Crowbar, usually working on susestudio.com.
- Bunch of other introductions, but I didn't catch the names and roles.
- which barclamps still need packaging? https://trello.com/c/Cp4e6UVa
Chef 10 vs 11 -> need to evaluate after release but likely to adopt before release
- mattray from OpsCode says they are targetting Q1 (Jan-Mar) 2013 for Chef 11 release
- Ruby 1.8.7 vs 1.9.3 <- RHEL support? -> https://github.com/imeyer/ruby-1.9.3-rpm
- Dev Environments for Automated Testing
- do we want to assume that you can point to an exernal Chef server?
- DevTool --run-unit-tests [does NOT have a Chef server or deployed admin server]
- Smoke Test Infrastructure [assumes deployed Chef server]
- Dev's Environment [assumes deployed Chef server]
- discussion of environments vs. initializers
- Andi and James will take the discussion offline.
- Rails Migrations
- For a little a while longer (TBD in design meetings) we will continue to modify the base
- After "benchmark" changes will be to additive migrations
- Squish migrations before releases
- keeping date #s
Pushed to Future.
- Rails Engines & APIs & URLs (Early in New Year)
- Crowbar 2.0 schedule (Early in New Year)
- Community Trello Board (https://trello.com/board/crowbar-2-0/50809fb54fa7ad9c1a000f4d )
- Review of items on Open Build Server, OBS (link pending: https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=systemhttps://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=systemsmanagement:crowbar:2.0smanagement:crowbar:2.0 )
- creating some backlog cards for missing repos
- SQL Lite ok
- Meeting Docmentation
- IRC Channel Setup (Simon to publish, Rob to blog)
- Create new Github for parent repos (http://crowbar.github.com!)
- Jenkins Smoke Test -> moved to CI Backlog
- Build & Publish SUSE Studio Appliance -> moved to CI Backlog
- UI Issues
- User Screen work continues - under testing
- Proposal/Config moved to another car
- CMDB under heavy development
- Andi Refactoring
- UI Issues
Added a column for "Background" tasks that are getting attention but not directly tracked in "Doing" for Crowbar 2.
We're going to split the Trello board into 2 parts: backlog and active dev. The current will be the active dev.