A Django pluggable application that adds comments to your project.
It extends the once official django-contrib-comments with the following features:
- Thread support, so comments can be nested.
- Customizable maximum thread level, either for all models or on a per app.model basis.
- Optional notifications on follow-up comments via email.
- Mute links to allow cancellation of follow-up notifications.
- Comment confirmation via email when users are not authenticated.
- Comments hit the database only after they have been confirmed.
- Registered users can like/dislike comments and can suggest comments removal.
- Template tags to list/render the last N comments posted to any given list of app.model pairs.
- Emails sent through threads (can be disable to allow other solutions, like a Celery app).
Example sites and tests work under officially Django supported versions:
- Django 3.1, 3.0, 2.2
- Python 3.8, 3.7, 3.6
- django-contrib-comments >=1.8
- djangorestframework >=3.12
Checkout the Docker image danirus/django-comments-xtd-demo.