- Python 3.4 and django 1.8
- Python 3.4 and django 1.7.7
- Python 2.7 and django 1.7.7
- Python 2.7 and django 1.4.20
By Daniel Rus Morales <http://danir.us/>
A reusable django app that extends the django-contrib-comments framework with:
- Thread support, so comments may be nested
- The maximum thread level can be set up either for all models or on a per app.model basis
- Optional notification of follow-up comments via email
- Mute links on follow-up emails to allow follow-up notification cancellation
- Comment confirmation via email when users are not authenticated
- Comments hit the database only when have been confirmed
- Template tags to list/render the last N comments posted to any given list of app.model pairs
- Comments can be formatted in Markdown, reStructuredText, linebreaks or plain text
- Emails sent through threads (can be disable to allow other solutions, like a Celery app)
Read the documentation at:
Includes three demo sites and a limited test suite. If you commit code, please consider adding proper coverage (especially if it has a chance for a regression) in the test suite.
Run the tests with:
python setup.py test
And see the live demos:
- simple: Single model with non-threaded comments
- simple_threads: Single model with threaded comments up to level 2
- multiple: Several models with comments, and a maximum thread level defined on per app.model basis.
Admin access with user admin, password admin. DBs cleared every 30 minutes.