##Unauthenticated read-only aggregated MERMAID data API
- Must have api_db Docker container and mermaid-api network running before setting up local mermaid-summary-api environment (i.e., run fab fresh_install in mermaid-api first, then run fresh_install here).
- Note zappa requires a virtual environment, so shell commands need to activate it before running python. See fabfile.
- Note this project is a second Django instance accessing the same database as mermaid-api but with different
versions of Python and Django (and libraries). Until we upgrade mermaid-api (and even afterward), avoid doing aything
that touches the database. For example, if you have to create a migration, use
- A .env file is required in the root, with these vars defined:
- Zappa operations: https://github.com/Miserlou/Zappa
fab shelland then (e.g.):
zappa update dev
zappa update prod
zappa manage dev "migrate summary_api"
Use local zapp environment to run collectstatic, i.e.
python manage.py collectstatic --noinput(
zappa manage dev "collectstatic --noinput"timing out currently)
For zappa deployment operations to work, the appropriate settings must be set in
/src/zappa_settings.json. See the template in that directory, zappa documentation, and this helpful django-zappa guide for details.