James Doe Portfolio (version 3)
Built date: Early 2009
A web application for the display of illustrations, sketches and photos. Visitors of the website can view the images, browse images using the tag cloud functionality, read blog entries as well as add comments to each blog entry.
This website currently functions for demonstration purposes only.
The system features a site managing mode, where the administrator can:
- Create, update and delete image categories that will store all the site's albums.
- Create, update and delete image albums. Each on can be transferred to a different category. These albums will store all the site's images.
- Upload, delete images to each album and edit their information. Each image can be transferred to a different album. Images can be tagged.
- Create, update and delete blog posts, and upload images to each of them. The administrator can also add and delete blog comments.
- Edit his personal information page.
- Select which albums will be visible to visitors.
The system also includes an action log where all the users actions are recorded, as well as a notifier for new comments.
This application also demonstrates ways of securing a web application according to the instructions provided by the OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) community and carefully designed algorithms.
Technologies and tools used:
- Adobe Photoshop
Created: Early 2009