Researching Wii U emulation. Licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later (GPLv3+).
You can find us for developer discussion at #wiiu-emu on freenode.
- Windows with Visual Studio 2017 Update 3
- Linux with a modern C++17 friendly compiler
- 64 bit
- OpenGL 4.5
- CMake v3.2+
- None, this is an in-development project and user support is not provided.
The latest Windows AppVeyor build is available from:
Building from Source
This project makes use of submodules, please ensure you have cloned them properly using:
git submodule update --init
There are two decaf frontends:
- decaf-sdl - Default emulator target using SDL for window creation and input.
- decaf-cli - Command line only which will run games with no graphics or inputs, useful for test .rpx files.
Windows with VS2017
- Use CMake to generate a solution
cmake ../decaf-emu && make
- It is suggested (but optional) to use your system's zlib, sdl2 and glbinding
- You can enable building with valgrind with -DDECAF_VALGRIND=ON, this requires valgrind to be installed on your system
- Requires a modern gcc or clang which supports C++17 features
./decaf-sdl play <path to game>
It is recommended to run the emulator from the root git directory so that it is able to access
resources/fonts/*. Alternatively, set
resources_path in the configuration file to point to the resources directory.
Configuration files can be found at:
- Windows -
- Linux -
On Linux, a "Bus error" crash usually indicates an out-of-space error in the temporary directory. Set the
TMPDIR environment variable to a directory on a filesystem with at least 2GB free.