Universal Registrar Driver: did:btcr
This is a Universal Registrar driver for did:btcr identifiers.
Build and Run (Docker)
docker build -f ./docker/Dockerfile . -t universalregistrar/driver-did-btcr docker run -p 9080:9080 universalregistrar/driver-did-btcr
The BTCR Driver can be configured with environment variables and/or passing application properties. In case no properties file is provided, the driver will try to load driver.properties. If a parameter has value as an environment variable, it will be used over its field in the properties file.
- Values have to be passed to the parameters without default values.
- Private Key for the wallet must be dumped for an address of bech32 format!
- BTCD or Bitcoin Core full node is required
- The given bitcoin full node must be configured with txindex=1 (additionally addrindex=1 for BTCD)
- Only the use of P2PKH addresses is supported in this version.
This iteration of the implementation is highly experimental. Stability issues are possible.
- Most importantly, tests and proper abstraction of the components are lacking.
- Transaction fees are not calculated per transaction; instead, default constant fees are deducted. This needs to be adjusted.
- The implementation process started with highly relying on the BitcoinJ library. Initial startup is blocking until BitcoinJ syncs up, it can take a long time.
- Failure mechanisms need to be refactored, especially rejected transactions.