What is this ?
The porpuse of this project is to bring a "real-in-production project" experience for all developers interesting in learning ASP.Net MVC 5 and Xamarin.
This project is here thanks to the initiative of Developers.do and C#.DO
- Every now and then (mostly every 1 or 2 week) we'll have some virtual meetings (Hangout or Zoom) to talk about any particular topic of the project.
- The virtual meetings are commonly public, we schedule them and share the URL in the Developers.do facebook group and Emplea.do's official twitter
- During the meeting all viwers can bring their ideas, opinions and suggestions but bear in mind that they will be challenged so be ready to defend them
- All meetings are uploaded to Youtube and added to a playlist
How can I collaborate
If you want to contribute to the project, please checkout the contributing guidelines
The scope of the project overall, looking at it as a platform is:
- We will only focus on Tech jobs (from techies to techies)
- Worldwide localization of said jobs, someone from DR should be able to eventually find a job in Spain or Argentina for example
- Easiness of distinction between onsite and remote jobs
- Posting should be simple, searching should be easy
All issues should fall into this scope, if an issue you propose is out of the scope then it will probably not be done but write it anyways, everything is open to conversation.
Stage 1 - Get it running
- Basics concepts of git for team development, forking, pull request and others.
- Basics concepts of ASP.NET MVC.
- Use Case definitions (What should do the app?).
- Basics MVC structure.
- Entity Framework Code-First
- Viewmodals and Views Rendering
- Security Layer
State 2 - Refactorings
- Design Patterns.
- Service Layer
- Unit of Work
- HTML/CSS/JS Optimizations
- Thin Controllers
Stage 3 - Mobile App
Stage 4 - Polish and doing things right
- Test-Driven Development
- Dependency Injection
- User Stories that drive tests