THIS REPOISITORY IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED
In an effort to have a clean start with a new codebase (in .net core) and avoid old issues, this repo has been archieved.
ESTE REPOSITORIO NO ESTA SIENDO MANTENIDO
What is this ?
The purpose of this project is to bring a "real-in-production project" experience for all developers interesting in learning ASP.NET MVC 5 and Xamarin.
This project is here thanks to the initiative of Developers.do and C#.DO
- Every now and then (mostly every 1 or 2 week) we'll have some virtual meetings (Hangout or Zoom) to talk about any particular topic related to this project.
- The virtual meetings are commonly public, we schedule them and share the URL in the Developers.do facebook group and Emplea.do's official twitter
- During the meeting all viewers can bring their ideas and suggestions to us, but bear in mind that they will be challenged to defend them.
- All meetings are uploaded to Youtube and added to a playlist
How can I collaborate?
If you want to contribute to the project, please checkout the contributing guidelines
The scope of the project overall, looking at it as a platform is:
- We will only focus on Tech jobs (from Tech-ies to Tech-ies).
- Worldwide localization of said jobs, someone from DR should be able to eventually find a job in Spain or Argentina.
- Easiness of distinction between onsite and remote jobs.
- Posting should be simple, searching must be easy.
All issues should fall into this scope. If an issue you present is out of the scope, then it will probably not be done but write it anyways. Everything is open to conversation.
Stage 1 - Get it running
- Basics concepts of git for team development, forking, pull request, etc...
- Basics concepts of ASP.NET MVC.
- Use Case definitions (What should do the app?).
- Basics MVC structure.
- Entity Framework Code-First.
- Viewmodals and Views Rendering.
- Security Layer.
State 2 - Refactorings
- Design Patterns.
- Service Layer.
- Unit of Work.
- HTML/CSS/JS Optimizations.
- Thin Controllers.
Stage 3 - Mobile App
Stage 4 - Polish and doing things right
- Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Dependency Injection.
- User Stories that drive tests.