A command-line utility to switch the audio source on Mac OS X.
This utility switches the audio source for Mac OS X.
You specify the name of the audio source, such as Built-in Digital Output, and the utility switches the source immediately without any GUI interaction.
This is a command-line utility only and has no graphical user interface. Tested on OS 10.7 - 11.2.
Installing from homebrew
brew install switchaudio-osx
SwitchAudioSource [-a] [-c] [-f format] [-t type] [-n] -s device_name | -i device_id | -u device_uid
- -a : shows all devices
- -c : shows current device
- -f format : output format (cli/human/json). Defaults to human.
- -t type : device type (input/output/system). Defaults to output.
- -n : cycles the audio device to the next one
- -i device_id : sets the audio device to the given device by id
- -u device_uid : sets the audio device to the given device by uid or a substring of the uid
- -s device_name : sets the audio device to the given device by name
Thanks to Christian Zuckschwerdt for migrating this to github and adding the next option.
MIT License, see license.txt