Note: This is largely a re-release of DXVK 1.1, with bug fixes for several issues introduced in that release.
Frame time consistency
Improved overall frame time consistency and fixed a related issue which could lead to triple buffering not working as expected. Affected games include Assassin's Creed Unity.
Configuration options in
dxvk.conf can now be limited to one single executable, which enables the use of one global DXVK configuration file rather than one file per game. Refer to the Wiki for details.
In order to improve performance in Unreal Engine 4 titles and others, Queries were re-implemented to allow for better GPU utilization. Since this is a widely used API feature, this change may affect many games.
Note: For best performance, both your Wine version and graphics driver must support
VK_EXT_host_query_reset. This extension is available since Wine 4.5 as well as Proton 4.2, and on the following drivers:
AMD / Intel: Mesa 19.1-git
Without this extension, certain games, such as Quake Champions, may perform significantly worse than with DXVK 1.0!
In games with a large number of shaders, memory utilization was reduced by using in-memory compression for shader code and avoiding unnecessary copies, which may slightly increase shader compile times.
Note: This does not solve the out-of-memory issues with many 32-bit games, and does not affect VRAM utilization.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Improved compatibility to Wine's Direct2D implementation.
- Minor optimizations for multisample resolve operations, presentation, and other things.
- Fixed incorrect shader behaviour with unbound resources.
- Fixed incorrect MSAA sample locations in shader code.
- Fixed an issue causing flickering or artifacts on AMDVLK in some games.
- Fixed various crashes when using the Windows version of RenderDoc inside wine (#877, PR #1037, PR #1038)
- Fixed incorrect behaviour of
DrawAutowith a non-zero vertex buffer offset. May affect Space Engineers.
- NieR:Automata: Enable workaround for occational rendering issues on Nvidia GPUs (#1036)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Improved overall performance by 5-10% compared to DXVK 1.0.3.
- SpellForce 3: Fix water rendering issue, as well as crash on startup when using DXVK's D3D10 implementation (#1031)