- Enabled asynchronous presentation on all GPUs, and removed the
dxvk.asyncPresentoption. Previously, this option was disabled on Nvidia GPUs due to sporadic GPU hangs. If you still encounter issues, please make sure to use a recent driver version, and also test the current Vulkan developer beta (435.27.07) if possible.
- Reduced the amount of thread synchronization around occlusion queries in order to improve multithreading efficiency.
These changes may improve CPU-bound performance in Final Fantasy XIV and other games that are at least partially bottlenecked by draw call throughput.
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Fixed occational hangs on Nvidia GPUs when resizing the game window.
- Fixed possible crashes when using Wine's DXGI implementation (PR #1240).
- Re-implemented constant buffer range check for Nvidia GPUs to use storage buffers instead of uniform buffers in order to match D3D11 behaviour.
- Dirt Rally: Fixed GPU hang on RADV caused by uninitialized UAV counters.
- Earth Defense Force 4.1: Fixed issue with certain objects and HUD elements not rendering (#1242).
- Final Fantasy XV: Fixed severe performance degradation when the Geomapping option is enabled, caused by a game bug.
- Metal Gear Solid V: Disabled loading of OpenVR DLLs to work around a weird issue with all rendering being flipped vertically (#1245).
- Metro 2033: Fixed rendering issues when Depth of Field is enabled, caused by a game bug.