DuckDuckGo Browser Extensions
DuckDuckGo Firefox, Chrome, and Edge extensions
DuckDuckGo Privacy Extensions is distributed under the Apache 2.0 License.
The extension provides users with an improved private browsing experience whilst maintaining "Privacy Simplified".
- Removes known trackers from web pages
- Supports shims/surrogates - replaces some of the tracking scripts with stand-in's to avoid breakage
- Uncloaks CNAME'd trackers
- Upgrades HTTP connections to be encrypted where possible
- Announces to a website they must not track or sell on your data
- Trims referrer header data
- Reduced fingerprintability of various browser features
- Removes FLoC from Chromium based browsers
- Reduces expiry of first party cookies set by third-party tracking scripts
- Blocks third party cookies from known trackers
- Click to load for Facebook widgets
The code for the Safari extension is an Xcode project which you can find here.
The Safari extension can be installed from the App Store.
Reporting a broken site
Report broken sites using the anonymous "Report Broken Site" link in the extension popup.
See Reporting bugs
We're not accepting new feature pull requests right now. For bug fixes see Development
Questions or help with the search engine
See help pages