amazon_tracker is a simple web scraper that scrapes every x minutes the price of n items and sends an e-mail if the price falls down over p(price selected by you)
It was develop with bs4, requests, time and smtplib libraries. Opening it, you can see some variables:
- headers = It's your browser setting. You have to insert YOUR browser header. You can find it typing 'my user agent' on internet.
- URLS = It's a list that contains the urls of your tracked items.
- dream_price = It's a list that contains the dream price of i-th element in URLS.
- from_email = It's the e-mail that sends the notification.
- to_email = It's the e-mail that receive the notification.
- from_password = It's the password needed for the from_email.
- minutes = How many minutes between a check and the next. IT WORKS ONLY WITH GMAIL ACCOUNTS
GIT command on prompt: git -clone https://github.com/edoardottt/amazon_tracker.git
Download by Browser on: https://github.com/edoardottt/amazon_tracker
Download all the repo
Type on your browser 'my user agent' and paste the result in the header variable content.
Change all the variables you need (from_email, from_password, to_email, URLS, dream_price and minutes .
If you haven't did already, go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and allow it(It's mandatory).
Execute the scraper.py file
⚡️ ⚡️ ⚡️
If you liked it drop a
https://www.edoardoottavianelli.it for contact me.
Edoardo Ottavianelli ©