This project has moved to https://gitlab.com/eidheim/tiny-process-library.
A small platform independent library making it simple to create and stop new processes in C++, as well as writing to stdin and reading from stdout and stderr of a new process.
This library was created for, and is used by the C++ IDE project juCi++.
- No external dependencies
- Simple to use
- Platform independent
- Creating processes using executables is supported on all platforms
- Creating processes using functions is only possible on Unix-like systems
- Read separately from stdout and stderr using anonymous functions
- Write to stdin
- Kill a running process (SIGTERM is supported on Unix-like systems)
- Correctly closes file descriptors/handles
Get, compile and run
git clone http://gitlab.com/eidheim/tiny-process-library cd tiny-process-library mkdir build cd build cmake .. make ./examples
git clone http://gitlab.com/eidheim/tiny-process-library cd tiny-process-library mkdir build cd build cmake -G"MSYS Makefiles" .. make ./examples